Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Open sesame sound

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to open Sesame and I have a problem with playing sound files in open Sesame. I’m doing an experiment which plays the right sound file with each sentence, they are paired with a number. And it works with about 40 sound files, just 2 which I recorded two days later with the same program (audacity) don’t work. It makes a short plop sound but doesn’t play anything. All sounds are .wav files and I tried deleting and reinstalling the sound files as well as renaming. Nothing seems to work, the only difference being that I used a different computer when I recorded the sound files the second time.

Quick help would be much appreciated as I have given up.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hi,

The ploppy .wav files are probably in a slightly different format. By default, OpenSesame expects 48 Khz, 16 bit integer signed, stereo wave files. You can indicate this under General Properties tab → Back-end settings. Programs like audacity allow you to specify these parameters.

Alternatively, you could save the files in .ogg format, which don't require you to specify these parameters. That may be easier.

Hope this clears things up!

Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1opensesamesound

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Thank you so much, I saved it on the old computer and then transferred it back. Must have been a different format on my new computer like you said.