Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

acc variable not calculated

Hello all,

I have just transferred an experiment from a PC running win 7 with a PST SR box via the serial port to a laptop running win 10 with the PST box running through a serial to usb converter.

The experiment worked fine on the PC but now does not calculate acc on the laptop.  The buttons on the box works. Further, the variable inspector shows that the responses are being collected (i.e. response_SRBOX_trials) and avg_rt is calculated and updated on every trial.  However, the acc variable is always 0 and the correct variable is also always 0. 

I am at a loss. 

I had to upgrade the opensesame version to 3.2 (Kafkaesque Koffka) for the PC.  Further, the dummy mode on the SRBOX plugin doesn't work, If you tick the box for dummy mode than the experiment crashes and the error window says that the srbox could not be detected.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Deiniol 

Comments

• edited June 9

Update,

I still can't get this to work. Keyboard inputs work fine and ACC and correct variables are calculated but still no luck with the SR box.

I also get an error when running the SRbox in dummy mode (see below). Don't know if this has anything to do with the ACC not being calculated when srbox is run in 'normal' Mode.

Help!

Unexpected error
    item-stack: experiment[run].experimental_block[run].block_sequence_exp_[run].exp_block_loop[run].trial_sequence[run].SRBOX_trials[run]
    exception type: AttributeError
    exception message: srbox not found
    time: Fri Jun 07 11:25:57 2019
    Traceback:
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\misc\process.py", line 157, in run
       exp.run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 456, in run
       self.items.execute(self.var.start)
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 103, in execute
       self.run(name)
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 122, in run
       self[name].run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\sequence.py", line 51, in run
       self.experiment.items.run(_item)
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 122, in run
       self[name].run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\loop.py", line 359, in run
       self.experiment.items.execute(self._item)
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 103, in execute
       self.run(name)
       self[name].run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\sequence.py", line 51, in run
       self[name].run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\loop.py", line 359, in run
       self.experiment.items.execute(self._item)
       self.run(name)
       self[name].run()
       self[name].run()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\share\opensesame_plugins\srbox\srbox.py", line 115, in run
       self.experiment.srbox.start()
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item.py", line 237, in __getattr__
       raise AttributeError(u'%s not found' % var)
    AttributeError: srbox not found

• edited June 9

I've managed to get it working by using an inline script right after the srbox item (see below).

Acc and correct are now calculated but total_correct still doesn't work (I can live with that).

Would be nice to know what went wrong in the first place and why the ACC and correct variables were not calculated without the inline script.

Deiniol

# check if the response is the same as correct response 1
    if self.get("response") == self.get("correct_response"):
     exp.set("correct", 1)
    # if the response is not one of the correct responses, set correct to 0
    else:
     exp.set("correct", 0)
    # increase the total amount of responses by one
    self.experiment.total_responses += 1
    # if the response was correct, increase the amount of correct responses by one
    if self.get("correct") == 1:
     self.experiment.total_correct += 1
    # calculate the accuracy
    self.experiment.acc = 100.0 * self.experiment.total_correct / self.experiment.total_responses
    # save the accuracy under the two variables OpenSesame saves it to
    exp.set("acc", self.experiment.acc)
    exp.set("accuracy", self.experiment.acc)

• Hi Deiniol,

There were indeed two issues with the SRBox plugin, and you ran into both: dummy mode was broken, and the correctness of the responses was not correctly set. Both of these should be fixed in the upcoming maintenance release (3.2.8). Could you try the latest prerelease of 3.2.8 and let us know whether this fixes these issues for you?

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

(@pdias: This is also what you ran into, I think.)

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot