Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Uploading pygaze python experiment to SMI eyetracker

Hi everyone,

I have just finished creating a PyGaze experiment on python which connects to the SMI eye tracker. However, for my research, I was wondering rather than having to open terminal and run my files, if I could upload it directly to the eye tracker. I have tried uploading the folder with my python files, audio files, and images onto the following applications: BeGaze, Experiment Center, and iView Red. However, it always raises an error saying that this format is not supported. I was wondering if it was even possible to load a pygaze experiment onto any of these applications, and if so, how would I go about doing it.

Thank you

Comments

• Hi,

Could you clarify what you mean by "uploading to the eye tracker"?

If you mean that you would like to run the experiment on the same computer that collects the eye-tracking data, that computer will have to have Python and all dependencies installed. (Just like the computer that you are currently running your experiment on.)

If you mean to ask whether the tracker hardware can run the experiment completely independently, then no. You need a computer to run the experiment.

If you mean to ask whether you can start the experiment automatically without having to manually type "python my_experiment.py" into a terminal every time, then yes. You can write the same code in a batch file, and simply double-click that. To do so, open a new document, name it "RUNME.bat", and open it with Notepad (or any other text editor). In the batch file, the first line should be the command that you use to run your experiment. The second line should be "pause". Running your batch file will open a command prompt, and then run the commands in the batch file. (The pause command is to keep the command prompt open until you click a button, so that you can see the output.)

Cheers,

Edwin