Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Frames around widgets not showing up.

Hello everyone!

On the very first screen of our experiment, where participants have to fill in their personal information, we have frames outlining where they should input their text (frame = True). However, this only works on computers that use Python 2.7. In the lab, the computers use Python 3.6.4 and the frames don't appear on the screen (so it's not as clear to the children where they should type their entry). I'm attaching a picture of what the screen should look like (the frames are on the right side of the screen). Does anyone know why this happens and what can be done to fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hi Simona,

I realize that this reply is a bit late, but I hope it's still useful. I believe that you're running into a bug with expyriment 0.9.0, in which thin lines were not properly rendered. If you upgrade to 0.9.1b2, the bug should be gone. Does that work for you?

pip install --index-url https://test.pypi.org/simple expyriment[all]==0.9.1b2 --upgrade

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot