Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

form_multiple_choice text into number in the output file/random duration of the fixation point

Hey community,

I need help for the follwoing two problems:

How is it possible to replace text to a number in the output file (form_multiple_choice)?

And the second question is:

How is it possible to set the duration of the fixation point randomly maybe betwenn 200 and 450 ms.

Thank you for your help

Daniel

Comments

• Hi Daniel,

How is it possible to replace text to a number in the output file (form_multiple_choice)?

Could you specify what you mean? I am afraid I don't quite get it. If your text variable is a number written as string (e.g. '1', rather than 1), it should automatically be cast to a number. If not, you would have to use python coding (in an inline_script) to change its value, e.g.

if var.response == 'one':
        var.response = 1
    elif var.response == 'two':
        var.response =2

If you don't need them during the experiment, I'd do it later during the data analysis.

How is it possible to set the duration of the fixation point randomly maybe betwenn 200 and 450 ms.

Also here you need python coding in an inline_script. Import the random library, compute an ITI, and then you can use it in subsequent items. E.g.:

import random
    var.ITI = random.randint(200,450)

GOod luck,

Eduard