Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Sketchpad crashes

Hi,

I recently discovered the Problem that if something is presented for a longer time (Duration roughly over 5000ms) and the user clicks the mouse during that time the experiment crashes. It doesn't matter if the material is presented via sketchpad or via inlineskript with a canvas and clock.sleep(). This is the error report I get:

Python seems to have crashed. This should not happen. If Python crashes often, please report it on the OpenSesame forum.

item-stack: 

time: Wed Jul 31 15:24:33 2019

I have the latest version of OpenSesame installed, the bug seems to occur on the backends xpyriment, legacy and psycho. My system and the other system the bug occured on are both Windows 10.

I worked around it via a loop containing the sketchpad with a shorter amount of time but repeated more often.

Kind regards,

Michael

Comments

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen this before, but I'll see if I can replicate it, and in any case it's on the radar now.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot