Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

error test_suit()

Hi everyone,

I get this error message when I put the expyriment.control.run_test_suit() at the beginning of the experiment:

File "experiment.py", line 11, in <module>

control.run_test_suite()

File "C:\Users\sarah\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\expyriment\control\_test_suite.py", line 539, in run_test_suite

from ..design import extras as _test1

File "C:\Users\sarah\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\expyriment\design\extras\__init__.py", line 20, in <module>

from . import defaults

File "C:\Users\sarah\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\expyriment\design\extras\defaults.py", line 26, in <module>

exec(_defaults)

File "<string>", line 1

SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in position 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

I use the pathlib libary for path handling, since I have a lot of stimuli I store only the path, as a string, in each trial - as a trial_factor (when building the design) - could this lead to the problem?

Comments

• Hi Sarah,

I cannot reproduce this error here. I assume that you are using Expyriment version 0.9.0? If so, it might very well be that we already fixed the error in the current master branch, and the fix will be released with the next version.

If you cannot wait that long, you can either use the 0.9.1b1 that we release some time ago, or you can install the current development snapshot directly from the master branch.

Best,

Florian