Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Creating blocks

Hello everybody!

I am doing a Flanker experiment, and I have 18 unique trials which has to be repeated 8 times.

Now I want to separate the experiment into 2 blocks. I have really no idea how to do this, I've searched the internet for a very long time now and I'm still lost.

Can somebody help me? You can see my overview (screenshot).

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Hi Anne,

How about, you only repeat the 18 trials 4 times, but wrap another Loop/Sequence structure around the trial loop and set its repeat value to 2?

Does that make sense?

Eduard

• edited September 18

Thanks for the quick response!

I don't think I am allowed to do that. I have to do this experiment for my study and my teacher wants us to use blocks. I have to download a screenshot of my overview, so they can see I've used two blocks. Is it hard to do it that way?

@eduard

• Maybe I am not understanding it right, but your sequence suggest that you have only a single block of 128 trials. while I propose having two blocks with 64 trials each. Isn't that what you want?

• Yes, I currently have only a single block. I have in total 144 trials (18 unique trials x 8 repeat), now I have to separate them in 2 blocks with 72 trials each so that the person who does the experiment can keep their concentration. Does that make more sense?

@eduard

• edited September 18

What I suggest does exactly that. See the attached experiment for an example of the structure that you want.

• Thank you very much! Very helpful