Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Failure to load OSWeb in Microsoft Edge 18

edited October 14 in OSWeb

Hi everyone,

I want to run an OSWeb Experiment hosted by JATOS and I am running into problems when using Microsoft Edge 18 - Chrome, Mozilla, and Safari all work fine.

When I open the JATOS Link in Edge, the Experiment gets stuck on the Loading Screen. The console shows several error messages:

"SCRIPT5022: SCRIPT5022: only one instance of babel-polyfill is allowed",

"OSWeb has stopped running due to a fatal error.", and

"Error reading osexp: Error: Could not read remote osexp, TypeError: Object is not async iterable".

Do you have an idea what's going on here? Do I need to change something in my programming?

Thank you!

Sophie

Comments

• Hi Sophie,

This sounds like a compatibility issue, but an unexpected one because recent versions of Edge should work with OSWeb. We'll look into this, and thanks for reporting it!

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

Ping @Daniel

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Hi all,

@sebastiaan fixes for this are in the coroutines branch. With those changes more browsers should be supported including Edge.

• Hi Daniel and Sebastiaan,

thank you for your answers. Is there any way for me to implement the fixes from the coroutines branch that Daniel mentioned? Or should I just tell my participants that they cannot use Microsoft Edge for this online experiment?

Best

Sophie

• Hi Sophie,

Merging those changes is probably more trouble than it's worth. So my pragmatic recommendation would be: Yes, tell the participants to use Chrome/ Firefox/ Safari.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Alright, then I will do that - thank you!