Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Keyboard stops responding

Hello everyone!

We are running an experiment in OpenSesame for a group of children all at the same time. In each session, a few keyboards (3, 4 or 5 even) suddenly stop working. If we exit OpenSesame, we can see that the keyboards are in fact working, but going back into the experiment, they are not responsive. If we stop the experiment and run it again, the issue is no longer there. This has happened at different points in the experiment and on different computers (some with wireless keyboards and some with normal keyboards). Has anyone come across this before? Any idea of why this might happen?

Comments

• Hi Simona,

The first thing that comes to mind is that some application running in the background might steal the focus on OpenSesame, and hence OpenSesame no longer receives keyboard events. If that's true, then switching away from the OpenSesame window (Alt+Tab) and switching back to it should solve the issue. Does that work?

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot