Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

log all variables in x columns but in one row

Hello

I have the following problem: I want to write all captured variables from 2 loops (the first loop has a random order with 96 rows) into a logfile, but in only one row with x columns. It doesn't seem to work with the logger, which is why I already worked with a python inline_script. However, it doesn't write the variables the way I would like it to. Can someone help me with an example code?

Comments

• edited October 25

Hi Mirko,

Having only one row strikes me as unusual data format. But assuming that's really want to do, then the trick would be to:

• Make sure that all variables that you want to log have a unique name so that they end up in different columns, and;
    • Run the logger only once, after the second loop.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

• edited November 8

Hi Sebastiaan,

please excuse my late reply. I'm already on further experiments. So again briefly explained why I want to have all variables of a run in a row. 

If I had several test persons perform the test, I have to merge the data sets. This means that I first have to sort the random order and then merge all datasets. These are again several steps that you could save yourself if you could write the data of a run directly into one line. But maybe I see it wrong.

I try to put my experiment online so that you can have a look at it. Maybe what I mean will open up. 

• Hello, Sebastiaan,

please excuse my late reply. I'm already on further experiments. So again briefly explained why I want to have all variables of a run in a row. 

If I had several test persons perform the test, I have to merge the data sets. This means that I first have to sort the random order and then merge all datasets. These are again several steps that you could save yourself if you could write the data of a run directly into one line. But maybe I see it wrong.

I try to put my experiment online so that you can have a look at it. Maybe what I mean will open up. 

Edit: request failed 400 🙄