Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Displaying video/GIF and text simultaneously

Hello folks!

I tried to display a motion visual illusion in video or GIF format and display a sequence of text on top of it simultaneously. Coroutines doesn't seem to allow it. Any solution in opensesame?

Many thanks for your kind help!

Bo

Comments

• Hello!

I have a similar problem. I am trying to show a video as well as a multiple choice question form simultaneouly, but the coroutines function doesn't allow it. I would love to know if there is any way around it.

Thank you a lot for your help!

Daniel

• edited November 2019

Hi guys,

Coroutines are not made for that purpose. YOu want to embed your video. As far as I know, there media player plugins cannot do these types of things. However, I think I remember to have seen attempts of doing similar things on the forum. If you browse the search function you might be luckily. No promises, but I think the way to go is using inline_scripts and the cv2 python package.

Ediard

• Hey peeps!

I have same problem like i'm implementing a experiment in which i want gifs as stimuli.

Tell me if you solve this problem. If possible, please elaborate how you solve the problem by giving scripts.

Thankyou in advance.

Dsyfaro

• Hi Dsyfaro,

As mentioned above, video libraries are the way to go. I recommend opencv (because I know it somewhat), no idea whether others are better or worse. For example, here a link how to create gifs in Python: https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2018/11/05/creating-gifs-with-opencv/

(not quite what you want but still useful. Gifs are basically just videos with a very low framerate. So, check out the video playback part of our documentation: https://osdoc.cogsci.nl/3.2/manual/stimuli/video/

This should get you started.

If you run into a concrete issue, feel free to post again.

Eduard