Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

OpenSesame: Select Subset of Loop to Run

Hello,

I have a large dataset that contains counterbalanced trials for a large number of participants. Is there a way to select a portion of this dataset to run the counterbalance for only the intended participant?

Currently, I am putting the dataset into a Loop table, hoping to find a way to select the rows of the loop table that will be run for a given participant.

If it helps think about what I'm trying to do, I am conceptualizing this to be similar to how SR Research's Experiment Builder uses a dataset for all participants, and then at the beginning of the experiment a subsection of that dataset can be selected by a predetermined variable (e.g., participant number).

Is there a way to do this using the OpenSesame functionality? Should it be possible using the Inline_script function?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best,

John

Comments

• Hi John,

I don't fully get your problem, but it will definitely be possible with an inline_script. How exactly you would access the rows, depends on you create the structure of the dataset. It is a little hard to give you advice without knowing more, but what you say is basically what you need to do (create a big list, and index by participant number). Perhaps it make sense to prepare this big list outside the experiment and only load it (or a subset of it), into the experiment.

Eduard