Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Show a textline only for some milliseconds

Hello everyone,

I've built an experiment in which you have to react on the displayed stimuli (different images) by pressing certain keys. Every image has a different correct key. I want to show an error message, if the wrong key is used. The error message is shown on the right side of the stimuli, every time I press a wrong key and it disappers when I press the next key for the next stimuli. But I want the error message to disappear after 500ms and not after the next keypress.

Is there a simple command, which I have missed and which I can add to my OpenSesame script so that the error message disappears after 500ms or do I need an inline script?

At first I thought about using a coroutine, but as I use only one sketchpad I think this won't be the solution for my experiment.

This is what the script of my sketchpad looks like:

Greetings

Rex

Comments

• Hi Rex,

You can set the duration of the updated display (incl. Feedback) to 500 ms. However, this will then also wipe the original stimulus. A way to prevent this is to have in a loop that only breaks if the correct answer has been given, otherwise keeps on looping and shows the stimulus again, right after the feedback disappears. I think, that is possible without inline_scripts, but I would do it with them (I have a general affinity for code :)

Eduard