SART loop and lists
I'm working on a Sustained Attention Response Task (SART), with some constrains. Here the structure I would like to follow (from Strawarczyk's works):
5 blocks that difere on the number of stimuli. Each block will be randomly repeated 2 times.
In each block, the target (here the number 3) appears in 11% of the total number of stimuli. The other 89% are non-target numbers (1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9). Target number can't be in the first position and numbers can't appear in successive positions (1,2,4,4,7).
(There is some other constrins that I did not implement for now...one step at a time :) )
For now, I built the general structure of the experiment and wrote a script that built a list of numbers following these constrains. As the list will change for each block, I set the script before the block loop.
As I'm a newbie in both opensesame and python, I'm not sure it's the right way to do it. However, I tested it in IDLE and the script building the lists works fine.
My problem is that I can't figure out how to present sequentially each number from the built list in a trial sequence. I thought doing something like 'for each number of the list, pick up the first one, use it in the trial sequence and then, pick up the second and so on...'. I did not succeed :/
In fact, the list is built but the first number displayed is not the first one of the list (I guess that it's a problem in my way to pick up and display the numbers from the list) and the trial sequence seems terminated after one presentation (I guess that it's a problem in my loop setting).
Any help will be appreciated :)