Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Eye tracker advanced dummy mode (mouse simulation) not working

Hi!

I am using Open Sesame 3.2.8, and the advanced dummy mode does not work at all. It would be really useful to have it working, as I have limited time with the eyetracker.

I tried it in different backends and I get the same result. I even tried it with the eyetracking template from OS: the experiment works as expected (I get no error message) but it completely ignores the mouse simulation. Any idea why this would be so?

Thanks,

Paula

Comments

• Hi Paula,

What happens exactly? That is, in what sense is the mouse simulation ignored?

Cheers,

Sebastiaan

• Hi Sebastiaan,

It is ignored in the sense that it does not appear at all: there is no calibration at all, and the experiment starts immediately...

Thanks,

Paula

• Hi Paula,

Right, I see! The mouse doesn't need to be calibrated, so that's why the calibration (which is device-specific) is ignored. However, the simulation will give you simulated gaze position, etc. So for example if you use a pygaze_wait item to wait for a saccade start, then that should work with the mouse.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

• Hi Sebstiaan,

Thank you for the explanation! I was expecting to be able to "do" the calibration with the mouse, using the mouse arrow as the gaze. That would have been helpful for adjusting the child-friendly calibration off-site.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Paula