Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

python canvas tkinter and opensesame

Hello I would love for your help.

I'm new to opensesame but I know how to write code in Python.

I want to create an experiment that shows images and the same page present a mood Slider that you can click.

I've worked with tkinter before and I can't quite figure out how to work with the canvas() in open sesame..

I do not understand the difference between them in the software

can I create my own on-screen Slider widgets?

Comments

• Hi,

If you use tkinter, you basically replace the default window that Opensesame creates when starting the experiment. While certainly possible to do so, it is not necessary. Instead you can just use Opensesame default functions, like a canvas, etc. which is effectively a display that you want to show.

As I mentioned in another discussion, browse the forum for slider implementations and use them as starting points to make your custom implementation.

I've worked with tkinter before and I can't quite figure out how to work with the canvas() in open sesame..

Well, you basically create a window, draw on it and then show it. But of course you can make it more complicated, by accessing elements on it and changing its properties, for example based on the user response, etc..

cv = Canvas()
    cv.text('That is an example.',x=0,y=100,color='red')
    cv.show()

Does that make sense?

Eduard

ps. let's try to keep the discussion central and not talk about the same issues in multiple threads.