Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Newbie looking for help

Hi, I am an OpenSesame virgin, trying to use it for my undergraduate project. Someone told me that there are quite a few stock face images on OpenSesame, but I have spent ages looking and can't locate them. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. Also any advice/tutorials on facial recognition would be fantastic. Many thanks.

Comments

• Hi there.

With facial recognition, you mean facial expression identification, or really identifying faces? Both topics are really hard to cover if you are just starting with OpenSesame, but I'll give you some leads anyway. You can check out https://www.affectiva.com/ for facial expression analysis, but as far as I know, they only provide an algorithm to do this and not an implemented solution. For facial location/identification, there are python libraries such as face_recognition, or MTCNN. You will need a very powerful graphical card to use these though. Or you can try out this library on Amazon

• Hi, thank you so much for responding. I am attempting an experiment using facial recognition, but simple, just 24 faces with hair in the initial learning phase and then 48 faces, 24 of which are shown with hair, and 24 without in the recognition phase. Participants just have to press one key if they recognise the face and another if they don't. Do you know any tutorials that could aid me with this?

• I also have faces and have already altered them so that the hair is erased on the 24 that are presented with no hair.