Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

One prime, several targets

Hello everyone,

I´m struggeling with a certain problem on OpenSesame: For my experiment on speech act recognition, I need to design an experiment in which every trial consists of ONE prime and SEVERAL target words:

1)Prime

2) Fix.dot

3) Lexical decision (4 words after one another).

4) Control question

For my trial sequence, I used sketchpads, but now what the loop does is, to run the trial in the following order:

1)Prime

2)Fix dot

3)Lexical decision

1)Prime

2)Fix dot

3)Lexical decision

and so on... I´m really desperate because I only want the prime to be shown once at the start and than to be followed by four different targets.

Can anybody help me?

Comments

• Hi,

Try to make a separate loop for the third phase. So, something like this:

Prime loop

1) Prime

2) fixdot

3) Lexical loop

a) first word

b) second word ...

4) Control

Does that make sense?

Eduard

• Thank you very much for your quick reply, you helped me a lot!!! Just allow me one more question: Do I have to put a logger for every loop now or is one enough for the whole experiment? And where do I need to put it?

Thanks a lot

Letizia😚

• Hi Letizia,

All the logger does is writing one line to the logfile with all variables that exist at that point. Therefore, you should add the logger there, where a trial ends in your design, so that you capture every response. Does that make sense?

Eduard

• Thanks, I´ll follow your advice :)