Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

touch response

Hi all. I have prepared an experiment in which participants respond by clicking with the mouse on one of 16 squares presented on the screen. I used a sketchpad to present the squares and a linked mouse response to collect the response and roi information. It works perfectly on a pc with a mouse. But, when I transferred it to a a touchscreen pc and tried to respond by touch, I realize that it requires a double tap response. Is there a way to set it up so that I single tap equates with a mouse click? I tried replacing the mouse response item with a touch response item (although I don't understand what it does differently) but it didn't change anything. Any ideas?

marios

Comments

• edited February 21

Hi Marios,

If my understanding is correct, it's up to operating system to decide how touches should be translated to mouse clicks (for programs, such as OpenSesame, that don't have dedicated touch-screen support). And this can differ. For example, hold-and-release may become a right click, and double-tap may become a left click. Or something else. You cannot configure this in OpenSesame, but perhaps it's something you can change in the windows settings, or the settings of the touch-screen driver?

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

PS. The touch_response item uses the same kind of response collection as the mouse_response , it just recodes the response for convenience.

• Oh that seems quite an important issue. Which operating system were you using?

• Thanks Sebastiaan. I would look into Windows and see whether I can change this. Jensk, I'm using Windows 10.

m