Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

slow performance and troubles with run-if statement

Hi guys,

I am almost done with my experiment but I can't figure one thing out. (it probably has to do with my lack of python skills). In the uploaded doc you'll find my experiment which has four stimuli blocks which are counterbalanced. Within the blocks a sketchpad called stimuli_display shows a different text via [stim1] each time the block loops, followed by a fixation dot for 2 seconds. After all five stimuli within the block are displayed I want to show a relaxing movie for 2 minutes. How can I change the script so that the movie is showed only when all stimuli within the block are displayed? I guess edit the run if statement but I don't know how.

Furthermore, the experiment tends to run slow, and sometimes doesn't start at all. I tried all the suggestions on the forum to make it run faster, but there is no real difference. Do you have any advice on how to make it run faster?
Thank you very much in advance,
Hanne

Comments

• Hi,

What if you add a video playback item at the end of the stimuli_sequence? Then, it would be shown after all of the images (there are only 4 in your script?) have been shown.

Does this make sense?

Eduard

• Hi Eduard,
    Thanks for your reply. I edited the Run if statement the video stim in each independent stimuli sequence. For example in the Authority sequence the Run if statement of the neutral stim is
    run neutral_2min "=self.get('count_socialproof_sequence') == 13" .
    I took the number 13 because I have 14 different stimuli in this block, the counting starts from 0 and the movie has to be shown after all the stimuli in this block. This works. However, I still have problems that my experiment is running slow and sometimes doesn' t even start. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix that?

Hanne