Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

How Opensesame better than eprime

Dear @sebastiaan

Somebody told me that Opensesame is not as smooth as e-prime. Honestly I love making task on opensesame. However, I would be grateful if you could write something on the comparison between Opensesame and it's paid counter part i.e., Opensesame.

Thanks
Vatsal

Comments

• edited October 2018

Hi Vatsal,

have you seen the paper from 2012?
    Maybe an updated paper (2018) is needed for the new versions. But that's Sebastiaans work :)

1. I think the inline_scripts are very powerful. Much easier to use than in eprime. You can also use scripts only, as i do :wink:
    2. You can use it with apple, too!
    3. You can switch backends.
    4. You can code additional material for external hardware by yourself and make it compatible.
      1. Over all: It's for free!

Just some suggestions
    Stephan

Thanked by 2sebastiaan eduard
  • Hey Stephan

I am just in love with Opensesame. No I haven't seen the papers yet but a lab in my department is using Opensesame on a multinational study.

With Mac someone in my circle reported that Opensesame kept crashing. So they were critizing opensesame. Most of the non computer people in India are allergic to coding but they don't understand what wonders they can pull if they know a little bit of python.
  • I am just in love with Opensesame.

Good :smile:

With Mac someone in my circle reported that Opensesame kept crashing. So they were critizing opensesame.

Crashing is a legitimate reason for criticizing a program, so I understand their frustration. Perhaps you could encourage them to report their issues here on the forum so that we are at least aware of them. (And E-Prime doesn't run on Mac OS at all! :wink:)

In general though, I don't feel it's my place to say why OpenSesame would be better than E-Prime. We're doing our best to make the best software we can. And so, I assume, are the guys over at PST. And then it's up to the users to make a decision!

Thanked by 1vatsalthebest

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot