Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Mouse operation

Hi Pascal,

I cannot have the mouse entry block operate according to what it is supposed to do. The documentation describes the details of the keyboard entry block, but not the parameters of the mouse entry block. But it looks obvious because they are very similar. Is the mousetrap add-in necessary just for executing a certain sketchpad based on the left-right button selection ?!

Thank you in advance,
Gérard

Comments

• Hi Gérard,
    I don't quite understand what you mean with "mouse entry block". Could you describe what you mean with this? And what it is exactly that you are trying to achieve?
    Mousetrap can e.g. be used if you want to draw buttons on a sketchpad and then collect mouse button clicks on those buttons (the normal mouse_response item just continues if you click anywhere on the screen, the mousetrap_response item allows you to determine if the click was on a button defined on the sketchpad).
    Best,
    Pascal

• Thank you for your reply, Pascal. Please refer to my previous post named "Coding a loop" in the Opensesame forum to see a description of the problem. What I called a "block" is a mouse_response item. The problem is that the program is stuck in that item after a click, although the same sequence works fine if I replace the mouse_entry item with a keyboard_entry item. I have tried to document the problem further but it looks like I am not allowed to upload screeshots.
    Best regards,
    Gérard

• Hi Pascal,

I discovered that the cause of the problem is that the mouse button names (left_button, right_button ...) that are referenced in the OpenSesame documentation DO NOT WORK. Instead, it is necessary to use the button numbers 1, 2, 3 ... The problem is solved. Thank you again for your help.

Best,
    Gérard

• Hi Gérard,

I am glad your problem is solved.

Just a short comment on the button names: It is possible to specify button names using left_button etc. as Allowed mouse buttons in the mousetrap_response item. This has been implemented since mousetrap-os v1.2.0, which was released in October 2016.

Best,

Pascal

• Thank you, Pascal !

Cheers,
    Gérard