Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[solved] multiple avi files play in slow and slower motion

pmhpmh Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in OpenSesame

Hi All

I am giving Open Sesame a run with a view to replacing EPrime :)
On getting it to play an avi clip each loop, the first seems to play ok then the next is slower, and the final one even slower?
Anyone else seen this or can offer solution.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,812
    edited 9:58AM

Hi Pmh,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm not familiar with this issue, but I passed your question on to the developer of the media_player plug-in.

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• DanielDaniel Posts: 366
    edited 9:58AM

Hello pmh,

Could you tell me what kind of avi file you have used (uncompressed, divx, xvid or h264)? I have been unable to reproduce this problem. Otherwise, could you send me the video file and experiment you are using, with which the problem occurs? Also, what version of opensesame are you currently using?
    It might also help if you replace the media_player files with the latest from github:
    https://github.com/dschreij/media_player, as the one included with the last distribution of OpenSesame might not be the latest version and still contain some bugs that have been solved in the meantime. Give this a try and let me know if the problem keeps occurring.

Daniel