Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[open] Can't see images in data viewer

OlyaOlya Posts: 18
edited August 2014 in Miscellaneous

I was able to successfully run the program and open the file in Data Viewer. However, the the images don't show up. I can see the fixations and saccades but not the image. Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Posts: 642
    edited 9:45PM

I have never used Data Viewer, so I'm afraid I do not know the answer to this one. Maybe you can ask about this on the SR Research support forum? You will need to create an account first, which requires some details, but other than that it's free.

Good luck!

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,856

As Edwin says, it's a question best addressed at the SR Research folk. But just to avoid any confusion: OpenSesame does not automatically log the names of pictures that you show on a sketchpad to the EyeLink data file (.edf). So if you want to view images in the Data Viewer, you have to explicitly send a command that indicates the filename of the picture in such a way that the Data Viewer recognizes it.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• OlyaOlya Posts: 18
    edited August 2014

Hi Sebastian,

I have these two commands in the inline script after the sketchpad with my images. Is this what you are talking about?

exp.pygaze_eyetracker.log("this ends up in the EDF")

exp.pygaze_eyetracker.log('IV IMGLOAD FILL %s' % self.get('fname'))

fname is the variable for all the images in that block.

I thought this is all I need for opensesame to load the images in DV?

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,856

Hi Olya,

Yes, these lines appear to be correct. (You can find the exact syntax in the DataViewer manual, available from the SR Support forum.)

I thought this is all I need for opensesame to load the images in DV?

Well, OpenSesame doesn't load images into the DataViewer. The only thing that it does is write some lines to the EDF file, which the DataViewer can interpret later on. I'm not familiar enough with the DataViewer to say what could go wrong, but one thing that comes to mind is that DataViewer cannot find the images. Because, even if DataViewer knows which image to load, the actual image file needs to be present and accessible to DataViewer. Could that be it?

But, as Edwin already pointed out, you're better off asking these questions on the SR Support forum.

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot