Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[open] Import SMI IDF in PyGaze Analyse?

kmjasminkmjasmin Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in PyGaze

I have SMI data that has been converted from IDF to ASCII. Has anyone analyzed this sort of data with PyGaze Analyse, and if so, could you share some tips on doing the conversion (or share the code, if you have it?)

Thanks,

Kyle Jasmin

Thanked by 1emad6378

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Posts: 631
    edited October 2014

Hi Kyle,

There currently isn't an option to load SMI data. But if you send me an example data file, I could write a module that does this. Alternatively, you could write one yourself. Please model it after the EyeTribe reader, as it should output the same data organisation for it to work with the rest of PygazeAnalyser!

Best,

Edwin

PS: Please note that IDF will not be readable directly, but need to be converted to a text-based file type (you can do this using SMI's IDF converter).

Thanked by 1emad6378
  • emad6378emad6378 Posts: 2

would not you mind helping me to find idf converter...I cant find it any where

• cescocesco Posts: 24

@emad6378: You can load the data in SMI's BeGaze and export it as a .csv file.

Thanked by 1emad6378
  • emad6378emad6378 Posts: 2

unfortunately our profossor has lost the Itools cd which includes both begaze and idf converter and we just have access to Iview ETG.As I wanna analyse data with Matlab toolbox I need idfconveerter.can you give me that?