Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

command line interface

mandarmandar Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Miscellaneous

Hello,

I used ideas from the tutorial at http://www.cogsci.nl/blog/tutorials/97-writing-a-command-line-zotero-client-in-9-lines-of-code to build my own command-line search script. It used to work fine, but recently I noticed that it won't work on Ubuntu 14.04.

Changes I tried:

1. import libzotero (since there's no pygnotero any more)
  2. libzotero.init(zotero_folder) instead of libzotero.libzotero(zotero_folder) (which gives 'module' object has no attribute 'libzotero')
  3. results = libzotero.search(term) (since init does not seem to return anything).

I don't really know Python, so these modifications are based on guesswork. The class name in libzotero.py is LibZotero. Does the capitalisation make a difference? Any tips on how to get this working again would be much appreciated!

Thanks very much for a wonderful tool!

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,856
    edited 9:41PM

Hi,

It used to work fine, but recently I noticed that it won't work on Ubuntu 14.04. (...) there's no pygnotero any more

A while back I rewrote Gnotero as Qnotero using PyQt4 and Python 3. So the structure is a bit different from what the tutorial assumes. But you can still download the old Gnotero code, which should still work fine:

Alternatively, you can inspect the Qnotero source and update your own script accordingly, i.e. by changing class and module names and porting to Python 3. This isn't terribly complicated, but if, as you say, you don't know Python very well, you may be better of just sticking with Gnotero.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot