Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Using a response form with the "question" being randomly generated image

2»

Comments

• edited December 2015

Sry to spam my own page, but I just wanna understand the code

In the first inline script, when defining start_time, is it taking the self.time of that moment, like a time stamp? It's not saying that start_time is self.time all the time, right?

Also what is the line if var.equation_response =None? What is that looking at?

• edited 9:42AM

Hi Abao,

The timer works on my end, even if no response is given within the time limit. You could try to remove the redundant dist_test_loop and move the first inline_script just before dist_loop and append the second inline_script into dist_sequence. Maybe that helps, other than that i'm in the dark.

In the first inline script, when defining start_time, is it taking the self.time of that >moment, like a time stamp? It's not saying that start_time is self.time all the time, right?

Yes, it takes a time stamp for that particular moment. And because the inline_script is situated within a loop that runs only once, you'll only get the start_time once.

Also what is the line if var.equation_response =None? What is that looking at?

It should read if var.equation_response != None: and it checks whether the content of the variable is anything other than nothing, in other words, if a response has been given on the equation.

Good luck (again) :)

• edited January 2016

does a happy dance
    That did it!! Taking out the extra loop fixed whatever was going on :D

You're an absolute life saver! I was just about to give up haha

So much relief. Omg.

I posted a different thread since it's such a different topic, but how do I customize fonts in a form/widget? Specifically to chinese-japanese-korean?

Glad i could help!

I'll look into the characters but i have no experience with that so a safe bet would be to make pictures of the instructions.

Someone answered my other post! You can change the font for the whole experiment in the experiment settings, and there are other languages there!