Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Generic gamepad use

edited December 2015 in OpenSesame

Hi!

I'm interested in the use of generic gamepads to collect responses (Like that http://www.ebay.es/itm/Super-Controller-USB-Gamepad-Joypad-for-Nintendo-Windows-Mac-SF-SNES-PC-F5-/301759264840?hash=item464240f848:g:FGAAAOSwKIpWEntc ) but I have no idea if Opensesame can handle this kind of input. I'm working on ubuntu 14.04

Have someone tried this kind of things?

Best regards, Guido : )

Comments

• edited 6:36AM

Hi Guido,

Yes, this is possible. There's in fact already an item for this; in the item window, click the downward arrow at the bottom to reveal additional items. The joystick item is under the response collection category. All that's left to do is for you to find out which input signal corresponds to which gamepad button.

Cheers,

Joshua

thank you so much. The widget didn't work but the Python inline script did.

Hi Guido,

I don't know if this is what you ran into, but there's a bug in the joystick plugin in OpenSesame 3.0. This will be fixed in the next maintenance release (3.0.5), but for now you can just replace the joystick plug-in with the version from the latest code snapshot:

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Thank you so much.

How can I turn the post as 'solved'?

You can just edit the first post and change the title to '[solved] ...' ;-)

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

Done!