Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Is there currently a problem with the 'Recommended download' button for OpenSesame? (Windows)

edited January 2016 in OpenSesame

Hi Sebastiaan et al.,

I'm getting a 404 error when I click on the recommended download button on the page at:

http://osdoc.cogsci.nl/getting-opensesame/download/

It's correctly detecting that I am running Windows, but when I click on the button I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /3.0/getting-opensesame/download/$url-windows-exe$ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am able to download the installer from clicking on the appropriate download further down on the page, so it's not a problem, but I just wanted to flag it, in case you weren't aware.

NB. I'm not getting a "Recommended download" from my other PC running OpenSuse Linux, which I think has always been the case as can't detect the OS.

Keep up the good work :)

Neon

Comments

• edited 4:10PM

I'm getting a 404 error when I click on the recommended download button on the page at:

Thanks for pointing this out. Indeed, I changed something that broke the Windows recommended download link. (And I hadn't noticed.)

NB. I'm not getting a "Recommended download" from my other PC running OpenSuse Linux, which I think has always been the case as can't detect the OS.

Yes, that's a known issue: Detection fails on some os+browser configurations (e.g. Firefox on Linux).

And thanks again! The problem should be fixed shortly.

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot