Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[open] Using E-Prime 2.1 for online experiments

MicajkovaMicajkova Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in Miscellaneous

I am considering buying the E-prime software package which I will use for designing experiments (IAT, simple choice task, etc) for commercial use. E-prime is among my top considerations because it is easy to use (easier than presentation) and mainly because it doesn't require much programming skills. I should also be able to run the experiment online, i.e. that it can be conducted outside of a laboratory environment, and a link with the experiment can be send to the participants who will be able to run the experiment on their browser without downloading anything for the experiment. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Posts: 638
    edited February 2016

Haha, your question reads as guerilla marketing for E-Prime :p

FYI: This forum is primarily intended for help with open-source projects such as OpenSesame, PyGaze, and JASP. You're very welcome to ask questions on any other topic, including closed-source and commercial software like E-Prime. However, there might not be a lot of people around who are experienced with the package.

Perhaps you'd have better success on the E-Prime Google Group? Alternatively, PST runs a website with information, and an E-Prime forum. I think they should also be able to answer most of your questions directly. That's what you pay them for!

Good luck!

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811
    edited 1:15PM

You're very welcome to ask questions on any other topic, including closed-source and commercial software like E-Prime.

Indeed.

As far as I know, you cannot run online experiments with E-Prime. If you're looking for a similar package, you could try Presentation. This is also paid software, but does support running experiments in a browser.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot