Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

[open] opensesame touchscreen

eugeniaeugenia Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in OpenSesame

Hallo,

I am new to opensesame and I am not sure it is the right place where to post.

By the way i would like to ask you whether it is possible by using open-sesame on the tablet to drag and drop figures on the screen by using fingers, it would be useful for me because I am programming an experiment for kids.

thanks a lot,

Eugenia.

Comments

• JoshJosh Posts: 361
    edited 10:53AM

Hi Eugenia,

Drag-and-drop isn't something that's built in in OpenSesame, but within OpenSesame you may be able to use a pygame module (see e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30751547/python-pygame-how-to-create-a-drag-and-drop-with-multiple-images for similar questions).

This will surely require some coding on your part - so I'd only start such an endeavor if you're comfortable with that. Alternatively, (i.e., without need for Pygame), it'll be relatively easy to make your experiment such that children can touch an item, and then touch another location to move the item to that second location. Would that be user-friendly with respect to children?

Cheers,

Josh

• Hi there. I know this post is quite old, but I am interested in the option you were mentioning in your reply, in which children can touch an item, and then touch another location to move the item to that second location (apparently, this require less heavy coding than the drag and drop option).
    Is there a tutorial for this option?
    thanks
    Francesca

• eduardeduard Posts: 977

Hi Francesca,

It still requires coding, so completely without you don't get away. Here a little example, of how this might work.

Good luck,
    Eduard