Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Multiple tasks in tablet

edited May 2016 in OpenSesame

HI, I have three opensesame tasks in my tablet, and every subject has to complete all tasks. My problem is, every time subjects complete one task, I have to enter the task name and subject number again (and I also like to save log file in different folders depending on the task). Is there any way to show these task names and subject number (and path of log files) automatically without entering them again?

Comments

• edited 5:04AM

Hi,

You could specify all these options in opensesame-autorun.yml, as described here:

The downside of this is that you'll have to modify this file after every participant, to change the subject nr etc. But it may still be better than working your way through the menu every time that you start an experiment.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• edited 5:04AM

Hi Jane,

Alternatively to Sebastiaan's solution you could also combine all three experiments into one experiment by creating one overarching loop/sequence pair that contains the three experiments. You'd need relatively light-weight experiments for it to work though.

I made such an experiment a while ago, including a start menu where you can indicate which experiment you want to run. If you want i can upload it somewhere.

@Sebastiaan, looking back at that experiment i remember why i abandoned it. I was trying to come up with a method to set the amount of trial 'on the fly' while testing on a tablet. This way, there is no need to copy the experiment back to a laptop/desktop to alter the cycles/repeats.

Would you know a solution to this? For example by passing the answer variable from a form to the experiment loop?

Best,
    Laurent

• Hi All,

The link above seems to be dead, is there any place where I can find some information about .yml files?

(the link: http://osdoc.cogsci.nl/getting-opensesame/android/#automatically-start-an-experiment)

Best,
    Mert