Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Error in EyeTribe Fixations

paddypaddy Posts: 5

Hi,

I am currently using the Eyetribe for an experiment and I need it to be accurate but it seems to be pretty random. Sometimes, it is fairly accurate, other times it is quite off. Is there a way to fix this? I have tested it with the exact same setup even though not much setup is required but I have tried using the Chin Rest but still its quite off at times.
Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Eyetribe wears off after using it a fair amount? I have been using it quite extensively for the past 6-7 months.

Thanks

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,812

Hi,

There's no magic bullet, but I would:

• Check the light. It doesn't need to be dark, but strong light sources can be problematic.
    • Make sure that you're properly positioned in front of the eye tribe. A good trick is to verify that you can see the reflection of your own eyes in the tracker.
    • Have realistic expectations. ;) It's a €100 device.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Eyetribe wears off after using it a fair amount? I have been using it quite extensively for the past 6-7 months.

Every machine can break, of course, but in principle age shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot