Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Python seems to have crashed. Pygaze problem?

ecamutiecamuti Posts: 4
edited March 7 in PyGaze

Hi i ran my experiment (using eyelink 1000) with just 2 trials for each block and everything worked fine, but after i changed it into 48 trials in each block (attached) it always crashed after 30 minutes.
I removed the eye tracker measurement (still with 48 trials) and worked fine again.
Put back the pygaze and error after 30 min.
And it says phyton seems to have crashed!

Can anyone help me?

crash.jpg 262.8K

Comments

• ecamutiecamuti Posts: 4
    edited March 9

I attached my script.

Sometimes the crash is random, once I restart my computer it is better, but soon it will crash again.
    When i remove all the pygaze plugins (init, record, etc) it runs smoothly.

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811

Hi,

I suspect that this a problem with PyLink, the Python bindings for the EyeLink. In the past I've had a lot of trouble with PyLink crashing. But nowadays not so much anymore.

So, unless you have already done so recently, I would first update PyLink. The easiest way to do this is to reinstall the EyeLink display software, and then reinstall PyLink.

Does that help at all?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• ecamutiecamuti Posts: 4

I have reinstalled both the pylink and eyelink display software, but the error still happens.
    Any solutions?

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811

I would report this on the SR Research forum (http://sr-support.com/). PyLink is not developed by us, so you really need to go to the developers! That is, assuming that PyLink is the culprit here; but that would be my first guess.

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot