Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Integrating image

zsczsc Posts: 31

Dear all

I’m new to OpenSesame and I need your help. At the beginning of my experiment participants receive instructions so they understand what I want them to do. I’m using the ready-made plugin “form text display”. To make the instructions more clear and graphic I want to integrate images (e.g. “If you see this stimulus [picture.png] please press the left button”). Is it possible to integrate an image into the ready-made plugin “form text display”?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• JarikJarik Posts: 190

Hi zsc,

Think you will either have to use a Custom Form or maybe it is even easier to just use a Sketchpad.

Best,
    Jarik

• zsczsc Posts: 31

Hey Jarik

Thank you for your answer! I used the Sketchpad and it works pretty good, the only problem is that the instructions are quite exhaustive and I have to insert several textline elements and the formatting gets a bit complicated :)

Kind regards

• JarikJarik Posts: 190

Hi zsc,

You can do some formatting using just one textline in a sketchpad by using html subset for instance.
    But I agree it can be challenging. I know a project where instructions where changing so much they wrote them in their favourite text editor and created an image from that to be used in a sketchpad item :) .

Best,
    Jarik

Thanked by 1zsc
  • zsczsc Posts: 31

Hey Jarik

Thanks again for your help! I used your latter suggestion and it works just fine :)!

Kind regards