Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Balloon analogue risk task

bdnfbdnf Posts: 6

I am struggling to find a way to create the balloon analogue risk task in opensesame. Is it doable with just the GUI or is it needed to code everything from scratch?

This is a link with a simpler version for those who do not know this task:
http://ww2.unipark.de/uc/testothek/ospe.php?SES=42b107f8fd00e21df9f655168ba42b03

Comments

• Hi bdnf (if that is your real name :p ),
    I created a version of the BART a couple of times. If you want a copy that is a pretty straightforward version for replicating the original this might help. If I'm not mistaken it required some coding to accomplish, but thankfully nothing crazy. Unfortunately it isn't on me at the moment, but I can get it for you tomorrow.
    I also have a version designed for EEG purposes, although that one DOES have more complicated coding to account for timing and sending EEG flags. If that is what you're looking for then you'll have some extra legwork in the coding.

Let me know which is preferable and I'll send along the files (publicly here of course so others can make use of it).

Best,
    Josh Zosky

Thanked by 1bdnf
  • bdnfbdnf Posts: 6

That would be extremely helpful! Thank you Josh! I only need the not for EEG BART version.
    Cheers,
    Joao

• Hey Joao,

Here's a link to the Behavioral BART for OpenSesame. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to pass the experiment around if you like it.

https://github.com/imnotamember/BART-OpenSesame

Best,
    Josh

Thank you very much Josh for the experiment!

I am adapting your version, especially the practice part. I am changing the explode_round values in the Outside_Practice_loop. However, if I put for example a cycle with an explode_round of 50, when it gets to the 20th round, the trial ends as if I pressed the return key to cash in money. No matter what value I enter, if it is bigger than 20, the balloon never explodes when it is supposed to.

What do I need to change in the inline code for this to work?

Cheers,
    Joao

edited March 21

Ok I already figured this out. It is the number of times the Practice_sequence will be called was set to 20. Changing this does the trick.

• Glad you could figure it out on your own! I hope that was in part due to the clear coding on my end. ;)
    This experiment was designed to perform 20 pumps max per round. Hopefully this doesn't effect the end performance for you. It is probably worth testing multiple times to make sure it works as expected.

Let me know if you have further questions.
    Best,
    Josh