Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

pygaze plugin problem with Tobii

mariosavmariosav Posts: 33

Hi guys,
I prepared an eye-tracking experiment using the Pygaze plugin from within the latest OpenSesame and an Eyetribe tracker. Everything works fine. But, I got my hands on a Tobii X120 today and thought I should take advantage of the 120hz. I adapted the experiment for Tobii (i.e., I just changed the selection to Tobii in the eye-tracker field) but I now get a bunch of errors. I get those even if I just use the eyetracking template is OS. The X120 works ok with Tobii Studio so it doesn't seem to be something about the machine per se. I attach a screenshot to show some the error messages. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?
Thanks in advance,
marios

os_eye.PNG 63.6K

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,813

Hi Marios,

This error comes from the tobii Python packages, which fails to import a library called _tetiopy27. My guess is that this missing library is part of the Tobii SDK, which you need to install separately. Have you done that?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1mariosav

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• mariosavmariosav Posts: 33

Hi Seastiaan,
    Thanks for your reply. I think I did install the Tobii SDK but something might have gone awry with the installation. I'm away for a workshop but I'll check and reinstall the SDK when I'm back in the lab.
    Cheers,
    marios

• AaronRAaronR Posts: 2

Hi Sebastiaan,

We want to run an eye tracking experiment using the Tobii X120 (TX120-203-82600157) with opensesame. We run Windows 7. Just one question before we get started on setting everything up:
    The Tobii X120 definitely works fine with PyGaze?
    Anything apart from the Tobii SDK I should beware of?

Sorry for being annoying. Just new to eye tracking experiments and opensesame.

Thanks for your answer in advance, Sebastiaan.

Best
    Aaron

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,813

Hi Aaron,

The Tobii X120 definitely works fine with PyGaze?

As you can see on the page below, support for Tobii is labeled as experimental. And neither me nor @Edwin actually have a Tobii ourselves, so we cannot provide much support. On the other hand, there are quite a few forum users that do use a Tobii, and they might be able to help you if you run into issues.

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• AaronRAaronR Posts: 2

Thanks for your answer, Sebastiaan. I think with the help of other forum users I am confident to set up the experiment then :smile:

Cheers
    Aaron