Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Problem within loops

Hi!
When preparing my research about a cuing experiment, I had to use the version 1.6 of opensesame. However, when executing, I was confronted to a problem within the loops.
This problem persists even when I try to present some simple images.
Here's the error that I'm talking about.
I also have another problem : when I close a file, the loops get erased when I re-open it.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,667

Hi Asma,

The crucial part of the error message is always at the bottom, so it's not visible in your screenshot ;-)

You'll also find the stacktrace (i.e. the error message) in the debug window (Ctrl+D). Could you copy the entire error message from there?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• asma.chasma.ch Posts: 2
    edited April 18
     File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libqtopensesame\runners\base_runner.py", line 221, in init_experiment
        logfile=logfile)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 140, in __init__
        item.item.__init__(self, name, self, string)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item.py", line 67, in __init__
        self.from_string(string)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\experiment.py", line 345, in from_string
        self.items.new(item_type, item_name, def_str)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item_store.py", line 174, in new
        item = item_class(name, self.experiment, script)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\item.py", line 67, in __init__
        self.from_string(string)
      File "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSesame\lib\site-packages\libopensesame\loop.py", line 91, in from_string
        self.dm[var] = u''
      File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/datamatrix/_datamatrix/_datamatrix.py", line 494, in __setitem__
        self.__setattr__(name, value)
      File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/datamatrix/_datamatrix/_datamatrix.py", line 441, in __setattr__
        self._setlength(value)
      File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/datamatrix/_datamatrix/_datamatrix.py", line 221, in _setlength
        rowid = Index([i+startid for i in range(value-len(self))])
    TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'unicode' and 'int'

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,667

Hi Asma,

Thanks for pointing this out. You probably have a column named length, right? Renaming this column to say _length, for example by opening the experiment in an older version, should fix the issue.

This is clearly a bug, and I opened an issue for it so that it will be resolved in 3.1.7.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

Thanked by 1asma.ch

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot