Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Opensesame quit unexpectedly

Hey,

I have been running open sesame for a while now on a MacBook Pro (Mac OS Sierra). However, since last week opensesame immediately crashes (program shuts down) when I try to run the experiment (both with blue and green play button) and I get a pop up message telling me that opensesame quit unexpectedly. I know this is not the most informative post but I have no idea what is causing this (as it always worked fine in the past). I have reinstalled open sesame but that did not help.

Best,

Dirk van Moorselaar

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,592

Hi Dirk,

If you select the multiprocess runner (Menu → Tools → Preferences), at least OpenSesame shouldn't crash entirely. The experiment will probably still crash, but maybe you'll get a more informative error message. If so, could you post that here?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• jeboydirkjeboydirk Posts: 12

Hi Sebastian,

I have selected the multiprocess runner and now everything appears to be working fine again. As soon as I switch it back to inprocess it immediatley crashes again as I try to run it.

So I am sorry no error message yet but I will post it as soon as I get one :)

Thanks again,

Dirk