Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Sending Frame Number to EyeLink

Hi

I am a researcher trying to using OpenSesame with an EyeLink 1000. The issue is that the only documented media player that supports sending frames to an EyeLink eyetracker is the media_player_gst plugin (https://github.com/dschreij/media_player_gst). This plugin hasn't been maintained to support the latest GStreamer edition, thus I have to resort to using an older version of OpenSesame and an older version of GStreamer which is very buggy. I was wondering if anyone had a better solution for this or if they know if any other plugins supports sending frame numbers to the EyeLink eyetracker EDF log?

Thank you

Comments

• eduardeduard Posts: 875

Hi,

I can't help here as I'm not very familiar with all the media players. Maybe @Daniel has an advice?

Sorry,

Eduard

• garygary Posts: 23

Hi

Use the 'Call custon Python code' after every frame feature, see attached experiment.
    The variable frame_number is set to 0 in the first inline script. The custom code increments the frame_number, and then logs it with the eyetracker. The log command creates a variable (frame) that is used to hold the frame number. Don't have an Eyelink handy to test it, just ran it in dummy mode.

Good luck

Gary