Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Sketchpads not appearing during consecutive runs

kcorbeilkcorbeil Posts: 11

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my experiment that I just can't seem to sort out - I have these sketchpads with text and/or images that appear after the participant completes the tutorial section of my experiment. However, whenever I run a second participant after a first one, these sketchpads appear blank. This is obviously a big problem because it isn't realistic to close OpenSesame between running different participants in order for the sketchpads to appear...

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Haven't been able to pinpoint why it's happening (all run-ifs are set to "always," and that's the only thing I can think of that could change it from run-thru to run-thru).

Not a programmer/apt at debugging, so any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Kate

Comments

• eduardeduard Posts: 764

Hi Kate,

I remember vaguely to have seen someone reporting something similar here on the forum, but I can't find the discussion. COuld this issue on Github be related to the one you describe? https://github.com/smathot/OpenSesame/issues/481

Best,

Eduard

• kcorbeilkcorbeil Posts: 11

Eduard,

Yes, that would be it! Describes it exactly. From what I understand, then, I switch to the multiprocess runner in my Mac settings? (My apologies for not knowing exactly what that is.)

Wondering if this won't necessarily be an issue in the future for us, as we run on other desktops and create/do test runs on personal Macs.

Thanks,
    Kate

• eduardeduard Posts: 764

Hi,

Yes, this sounds like it. I don't work with Macs, so I don't really know where you can find these settings. Probably either in the first item of your experiment (General overview), or somewhere in the menu bar.

Does that help?

Eduard

• kcorbeilkcorbeil Posts: 11

Definitely - thank you for the info! Would never have suspected on my own. And no worries; one of my colleagues can probably help with that.

Kate