Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Fragmented Images

JanJan Posts: 1

Dear All,

I am currently working on a research project involving visual object perception and I am interested in looking at the dorsal stream via EEG task. However I am having issues finding a stimuli. I am in need for fragmented images (ideally 7-8 levels of fragmentation) or a software/code (MATLAB ideally) so I could create the levels of fragmentation myself. Although I do have standardised Snodgrass' set of objects I need to find an efficient way to fragment pictures myself or perhaps find a database from which I could purchase fragmented images. Therefore I wonder if anyone could help me? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Regards,

Jan

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,811

Hi Jan,

I doubt that such a stimulus set exists, but you can probably generate fairly easily with a script. However, what kind of fragmentation do you want? If you first specify verbally in detail how you want to process the images, then you can go from there and implement this in a script.

Cheers!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot