Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Android App is not working

wesleywesley Posts: 1

Hi! I'm having some troubles with the Android App.
For me (Android 7.0) the App doesn't even open with error "Could Not Extract Public Data".
For my teammate (Android 6.0.1), the App crashes when he select the folder with the experiment files inside.
And tried a few times to uninstall/install the APP, but it always fail. What could I do to solve this issue?
Thank you so much.
Wesley

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,701

Hi Wesley,

I'm aware of this problem, for which there is, as far as I know, currently no solution. Recent versions of Android have broken the OpenSesame runtime. Because the libraries that are used by the OpenSesame runtime are no longer developed, this is unlikely to be fixed. So instead of trying to fix this ourselves, we are thinking about a more future-proof solution based on a different system. (But that doesn't exist yet.)

What you could do is:

• Downgrade Android to an older version
    • Use a Windows tablet instead (with an intel processor!)

Windows tablets are actually pretty good and cheap nowadays, so that would be my preferred option.

See also:

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• vondesvondes Posts: 2
    edited August 4

The same problems with mobilerecorder24 mobile recorder on Android.

@vondes Could you confirm that this is not spam?

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• vondesvondes Posts: 2

@sebastiaan Yeap, it is not a spam, i need help and i dont understand, why u deleted url from my post?

I see. You're probably better off asking this question on a different forum. This forum is about experimental software for psychologists!

cogsci.nl/smathot