Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Multiple linear regression across different groups

anafanaf Posts: 1
edited July 20 in JASP & BayesFactor

My dataset has 17 subjects divided into 2 different groups (2 different types of one disease). For each group I have a repeted measure of the variable of interest - mean connectivity. I would like to perform a multiple linear regression analysis across these groups with 7 covariates in total. Is there a way to perform this in JASP that after I get the results I could associate them with a certain group? Basically, I'm interested in evaluate if the differences in the values of PCC_MC, SMA_MC and IPS_MC are correlated with one of the several covariates. But if I have a significant result, for example, cov1 will I be able to identify which of the two groups are associated to that result?

For another dataset I would like to do the same (multiple linear regression) but at this time without the repeated measures. In this case I only have the variable of interest - mean FA and the same covariates. I want to perform one analysis between subjects and discriminate the results for each group.

Thanks a lot for your attention,
AnaF

Capture.PNG 31.7K

Comments

• EJEJ Posts: 392

Hi AnaF,

We haven't implemented MANCOVA yet, but otherwise you could deal with your mean connectivity DV one variable at a time and run three ANCOVAs. This is only a suggestion after a brief consideration of the problem, there may be other methods that are better.

With relatively few subjects and many covariates, you might run into trouble.

Cheers,
    E.J.