Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Python chrashes when clicking on script

Hi everyone,

I am quite new to OpenSesame and currently work through the tutorials. Something doesn’t work correctly with Python though. Even when I click in default on the “getting_started” text in the script window, Windows tells me that Python doesn’t work anymore and after confirming the message, it closes OpenSesame and I’m back to the desktop.

I use Windows10 and Python 3.6.1 and the latest OpenSesame version, 3.1 I think.

If this issue is discussed somewhere else already, sorry for not finding it.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737

Hi,

You get this error when the Python interpreter itself has crashed. This is very hard to debug, because it's not (directly) something in the OpenSesame code.

You could try the version that is based on Python 3, which you can find if you scroll down on the download page. Chances are that this will run fine.

Does that solve things?

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot

• Da_Vid_HaDa_Vid_Ha Posts: 2

Hi Sebastiaan,

I installed the Python 2 version now and activated the environment to Python 2 as well. As it looks for now it works without problems. I guess the diffrent Python versions messed things up a bit.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

Best,
    David