Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Developing experiments for android devices

MickeyShMickeySh Posts: 1
edited September 10 in OpenSesame

Hi all,

I have a few questions about creating experiments for Android devices.

1. What’s the best way to recording user trajectory on an Android device?
  2. Will the MouseTrap plug-in will work on the Droid backend?
  3. Can I specify a specific pace that the user will have to move his hand/mouse in? -> for example if the user is too slow the trial will end.
  4. Can I specify coordinates instead of buttons as a correct_response?
  5. Finally, Do you recommend programming my Android experiments using OpenSesame? (when the alternative is writing my own experiment app)

All the best,
Mickey.

Comments

• sebastiaansebastiaan Posts: 2,737

Hi Mickey,

Based on the rest of your questions, I'm assuming that 'user trajectory' refers to mouse trajectories? I'm afraid that MouseTrap does not work on Android devices, because it isn't bundled with the OpenSesame runtime for Android. So if you want to do mouse/ touch tracking on an Android device, you'll have to implement this yourself with an inline_script. (And then you can of course implement it to do whatever you want.)

Finally, Do you recommend programming my Android experiments using OpenSesame? (when the alternative is writing my own experiment app)

Yes, because writing your own app is quite tricky. Please do check beforehand whether OpenSesame works on your Android device though, because it crashes on some newer versions of Android.

Hope this helps!

Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot