Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Saving incomplete runs

Hello all,

I have the following lines at the end of my expyriment script in order to declare the variables I'd like to save, and save the updated data file at the end of each trial:

Add data to file

experiment.data.add([block.name, trial.get_factor("correctresponse"),
                        key, trial.id, rt, acc,
                        trial.get_factor("trialtype")])
  experiment.data.save()

However, although this works perfectly when I complete the run, when I exit the run early it does not appear to be saving the data on a trial-by-trial basis.

I'm running my script in a clinical sample where some people may have to exit the run early, and I would not like to completely lose their data. Does anyone have advice on how to correct this error in my script?

Thanks!
Jeremy

Comments

• Hi Jeremy,

That is very strange, since even without explicitly calling save, Expyriment should always save your data files. This should even happen if your script crashes.

A couple of questions:

1. How do you terminate the script in case it is terminated early?
    2. What is the content of the data file when you terminate the experiment early?
    3. This is probably a shot in the dark, but just to double check: You mention that you have the above lines "at the end of your script". But they are called for each trial (in a loop), are they?

Best,
    Florian

Florian Krause (Developer)
    http://www.expyriment.org