Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

Tobii EyeX for recording gaze data

Hi, I am new to the OpenSesame/Pygaze scene and I have minimal Python coding experience, I come from a data back ground. I have a Tobii EyeX, have installed its drivers and am now struggling to know where to begin, I have also downloaded and installed Winpython and OpenSesame, with OpenSesame I am getting an error:
ImportError: No module named tobii.eye_tracking_io.basic - I have added the tobii_research package using the package manager and am now not sure what to do. With regards to Winpython any pointers as to where to begin would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• ImportError: No Module names tobii.eye_track_io.basic was resolved by copying the 32bit contents of the tobii SDK to: \WinPython-PyGaze-0.6.0\python-2.7.3\Lib\site-packages

• Hi,

Good to hear that you managed to resolve this issue. I would personally recommend using the latest version of OpenSesame, rather than this WinPython-based package. OpenSesame also comes with a regular Python environment, and with PyGaze installed, but has much more recent versions of many packages.

Cheers!
    Sebastiaan

There's much bigger issues in the world, I know. But I first have to take care of the world I know.
    cogsci.nl/smathot