Welcome!

Sign in with your CogSci, Facebook, Google, or Twitter account.

Or register to create a new account.

We'll use your information only for signing in to this forum.

Supported by

Multiple logs question?

Hi, I have a problem figuring out how to create multiple logs for my experiment.
I looked through the forum and did find some threads about how to make multiple logs, (e.g. http://forum.cogsci.nl/index.php?p=/discussion/2571/multiple-log-files) however I'm very new to programming and I can't figure out where should I manipulate the code.

I wish to make a simple reaction time test (Z_SRT loop) and then show the participant's average reaction time at feedback_zsrt. Then move along to a choice reaction time test (Z_MCRT loop) and then show the average reaction time only for this particular test. I am not sure on how to make another logger that specifically logs this loop.

Thank you!

image.png 27.1K

Comments

• RoelofRoelof Posts: 90

Hi Athann,

Using the code from the other forum thread you posted I made a little example of how it could be implemented, you have to be a little careful with the names of your loggers since when they are customized the subject number is not automatically included (it is in the example) so files could overwrite each other easily. Another possible inconvenience is that if the response names are different for the different tasks then if you log all variables they will show up in both log files, and it might become a problem figuring out which log file was for which task. There is a way around this by removing a specific response from one of the logger, which you can see in the task two inline script.
    Hope this helps,
    Roelof

Thanked by 1athann
  • athannathann Posts: 3

Thank you so much for the help! I will check that out and see what can I do :)

• athannathann Posts: 3

By the way, it worked perfectly and wonderfully! Helped me to learn how to do additional loggers because I have multiple blocks (same experiment) done at different timing. Thank you Roelof!

Thanked by 1Roelof